Do you enjoy the buzz of working on high-profile legal cases but wish you didn't have to cross the bridge every day? Are you the kind of person who can take direction but loves to work independently and come up with new and better ways of handling day-to-day tasks? Do you thrive in a fast-paced work culture where you get the opportunity to wear many hats and learn new things every day?
McConchie Law Corporation, a well-known libel litigation firm, is looking for an energetic and organized legal administrative assistant for our office on the North Vancouver waterfront. We are seeking a self-starter who works well in a close-knit, professional office and enjoys taking the initiative to find better ways of getting the job done. This is a great opportunity for a legal administrative assistant to really hone their skill set. We are also open to providing on the job training for the right entry-level candidate who is highly motivated and committed to developing their legal assistant skills.
- Graduated from an accredited legal assistant program
- Two to five years' experience working in a litigation practice or a strong commitment to on-the-job training
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Strong attention to detail and proven experience with proofreading
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Experience using PC Law accounting software (or similar software) would be helpful
- Works well independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to use BC Online electronic filing system
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Greeting clients and answering main office line;
- Monitor calendars and meet various deadlines;
- Booking hearings, meeting and trials;
- Preparing correspondence to opposing counsel, service providers, and other third parties;
- Maintaining the firm's electronic and hardcopy files;
- Billing and paying invoices and;
- Court filings, preparing lists of documents, and briefs of documents and authorities for hearings and trial.
We offer a competitive salary plus an annual bonus, dental and health benefits, professional development and flexible working hours. While we are posting a full-time position, we are open to the possibility of a part-time working arrangement.
About McConchie Law Corporation
We are a boutique litigation firm specializing in the law of defamation, privacy, access to information and internet law. Roger D. McConchie is ranked by both LEXPERT and Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading practitioner in the law of defamation. While we enjoy the flexibility and collegiality of small firm life, McConchie Law Corporation handles high profile litigation matters and represents domestic and international clients at all levels of the court system. We love being part of the North Vancouver community and all it has to offer, including skiing, hiking and generally enjoying the beautiful outdoors we call home. Our office is ideally situated to enjoy a run or bike ride along the Spirit Trail while close to Capilano mall and the many shops and restaurants along the Lonsdale area.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com citing Legal Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.